Hola mi familia, how are y’all doing? I am glad to here that you made it home safely. Sorry I haven’t written back home yet, but our p day is on Wednesday so I only have 30 minutes to use the email thing. On that note please do not send me letters on email now but use Dearelder.com, it is free same day delivery, and it doesn't take up the time I have to write you back. So please, write back to me as much as possible, and as much as you want. Jacob send me sport updates, and everyone else can write me. I enjoy getting these letters very much so.
I’m still alive and doing great, my companion is from Boise Idaho, and is 6'5'', so he is pretty tall. He is a great guy and our new District Leader. He keeps me focus and we work great together. We taught our first lesson this morning and it went really well. Also yesterday in gym time he was at first base in kickball and a guy running full speed ran into him and knocked himself out, so my companion is a pretty strong guy. Our district is amazing. I have some good friends in Elder Sessions who is going on a full ride to ISU to play QB, and Elder Robinson and Kalepi. Our district is very talented singing so I have picked up beat boxing for our jam sessions. So we all work out together because the bball gym was closed the day i got here for 2 months (gay). Also all of these guys are going to the San Antonio Mission. Also us four found out that the stretchy work out bands they give you are great sling shots, but not until our zone leader came out and chastised us. So are zone is supposedly the most obedient in the MTC, and I can see why because were are always being told we can't do stuff. But our group is amazing, and somehow I am one of the more mature ones I guess, so i am getting better in that regard. It was almost like a switch when I was set apart, my thoughts have been focused on my mission, and I rarely talk about stuff back home, unless someone brings up family guy or something.
I have seen many friends here and I have got too talked to them all for a while. I have seen Chris, Matt Mike, Brandon who leaves today, Roach , Dallas, Freddie, and Barrett. It is great to see so many of my friends doing the Lord's work and is one of the best feelings you can have.
The Spirit here is so strong, and that is why everyone learns so quickly here. In Spanish it is coming back way fast and I can pray, testify, do a door contact, and teach now. Our teachers are amazing, and they help out a lot. Here most of the time you have is called MDT time where you do whatever you want, so you learn about as much as you put into it. You only have one or 2 classes a day so you have to do a lot of the work on your own. With this there are no breaks, or naps. It sometimes is hard to stay focused during it, but I know that if I keep focus I can learn what I need to. So in two weeks I have to switch to complete Spanish which will be a huge change. That is what the three weeks is here for is to get somewhat good at Spanish. All of the devotionals, large group meetings, and so forth are incredible and not boring at all. I am awake writing as much down as I can. Your pen is your spiritual antenna, and that is what you can read to see what the spirit is teaching you. My favorite day was Sunday, because the church meetings were great, and the Fireside was great. Also you get to go on a hour and a half temple walk where you can chill around the temple.
Thanks for the letters and I am thankful for all that you have done for me. I have looked towards you as examples my whole life, and continue to stay strong. Please remember to send letters through dear elder so I can get you letters right away. And I have to go get mail anyways because the DL is the only person that can pick up mail, so I would like to get letters when I go. Tell Carolyn and Brent thanks for the DP, and can you send me a box with hot tamales and other candies inside, with some ties from my closet. I know that this church is true, and what I am doing is the best thing I can be doing right now.
Take care, I love y’all and have a great week!
Elder Smith
Yay! He sounds like he is doing so well. Can you post his address and Jordan and I will be sure to send him letters. I got pretty good at it when Jordan was out. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks's for reminding me about the address!! They will change in a few weeks.
ReplyDelete