This week I learned how to cook, my comp got fed up with having to cook so he taught me how to cook rice and all kind of different types of meat. So my first day of cooking he didn’t want to cook and I didn’t know how to cook anything so I went into brainstorming mode, and figured out that I could make quesadillas, so I made cheese quesadillas for lunch and they were the bomb.
Teaching wise in our area is going alright, we have to walk a ton but it is paying off. I hit a new record this week, we got 6 references from members in one day! That is more than I got my whole time in Cotui. We are finding a lot of new people, some of other investigators weren’t panning out, so unfortunately we had to drop them. But we have some families that are just golden, they are reading and praying and understand everything that we teach and the questions they ask are way intelligent. The only problem for us is that we can not get people to church for the world this month, because of the carnaval. I definitely want to stay here for the next transfer because we have some people that have fechas for baptism, and we have some way solid people. Yesterday we had another bad experience with a member, we had a situation perfect to teach and the member started arguing with the investigator and tried to be the missionary, and Elder Reyes had to step in and stop him. He was teaching apostasy, and just made it a bad situation.
Next week is transfers so we will see what happens to me next week. I hope to stay but we will find out. Take care guys and enjoy the good weather!
Love, Elder Smith
They had a baptism in their Branch
Elder Reyes studying
Sunday dinner with members
Another lunch with members
Cool Car
This is for Jacob.
Jacob drew this picture during Matthew's farewell talk.
The backpack belongs to his companion, Elder Reyes
No comments:
Post a Comment