Wednesday, February 2, 2011

La Vega Week 2

Hey guys how is it going? I am doing pretty good for the most part other than that my legs are about to fall off from all of the walking we are doing, and the couple of hours I spent playing basketball this morning. It sounds like there is a lot of good news coming from y’all guys. That is so crazy that y’all might get snow this week! Y’all can be the Veganos from La Vega for y’alls tribe. I have photos to send home but my memory card is acting funky again, so I have to run a program and re format it, so I don’t know if I will be able to send any home this week. It is weird to think that it is already time for the Super Bowl. It feels weird being out of the loop.

This area is definitely one of the hardest in the Mission, and to make things even harder they have the carnival parties starting and no one is ever home. Our area is one of the most well to do areas in the country, meaning that the work here is not very easy. My companion is a stud and I am learning a lot from him both in Spanish and how to work. It just seems like we are walking and walking and that the day is never going to end. We have a lot of investigators that we have come up with but they are always busy or not there so it is just off to the next name on the list. My face and arms are red just from being out in the sun all day. But on the good note we are still living in the mornings and staying out all day instead of just chilling in the house. We always seem to have our best contacts at 8:30 at night, giving us more motivation for the next day to go out and work. The members here are pretty good, and work with us here and there so it is nice to have their support.

I need to ask for a couple of things that it would be great if you could send to me :) - I need about 4 boxes of clear care contact solution because I am down on my last box now, and also a couple small bottles of the rewetting drops for the contacts. And also some G2 pens in black, and a couple of Zebra f-301 BP pens. Thanks so much, all of the pens I buy in this country don’t work.

Take care guys and have a great week!

Elder Smith

Matthew and his companion Elder Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment