Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Work is Going Great Here

Hey how is it going? Dang, that is freakin sad that Collin was killed in a car accident. Wow that is crazy! But I am glad that y’all got the CD’s, they made it home a lot faster this time around. But it looks like dad has to start cleaning the guns again seeing as Brittney got asked to prom. Is the economy not doing very good or something that they have to lay off 500 teachers? But some good news, I didn't get transferred and neither did Elder Reyes, we are going round 3 together which never happens in this mission. I am glad that we get along well and we have an awesome transfer set up. He was in the final 2 to be the assistant to the President but just didn’t come up with it. We thought he was going to be gone for sure this transfer.

The work is going great here, we have a lot of people that are progressing and after laying out a bouchea (chewing them out) we have gotten some more support. If the branch decides to work this transfer they could get the priesthood they needed to be a ward if they do something. The list of people that could get baptized easily this transfer is: Robin and Cristina, their son Hyrum, Flabio, Emerson, Cesar, Jose Manuel, Luis Manuel and Enriquez. Emerson is getting married soon and he has all the other requirements to be baptized and we had a sweet Family Home Evening with him this past Monday night. Also Cesar is freaking awesome, and keeps telling off his super catholic wife. We had a funny lesson with them last week when she was practically condemning the Book of Mormon and telling us that we didn’t respect the Virgin Mary. So I was like hey wait a second, The Book of Mormon talks more about Mary than the Bible and showed her what was up and she shut up pretty fast which was funny. The funny part was that Cesar was just like hey honey you can't deny that. So we are trying our best to get her to read and pray without arguing but it almost seems impossible. Enrique is a stud, he is super, super smart and we started teaching him after some members gave him a triple combination and he has almost read the Book of Mormon, D and C, and the Pearl of Great Price. So he can analyze everything really fast so he has taught me things that I have never thought of before and his lessons are my favorite.

But yeah, tomorrow is another letter on the dollar bill... So I am hoping things go as planned this transfer. I think President left us here because we have revived the branch from almost nothing, although they finally changed the Elder Quorum’s President to someone who isn’t apostatizing. Hey thanks for everything guys and I hope y’all have a good week!

Also I will probably get to Skype for Mother's Day!

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment