Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I still can’t quite say that all is well in Zion, but we are fighting.

Hey guys how are y’all doing? Everything is going well down here for the most part. I still can’t quite say that all is well in Zion, but we are fighting. So you are the pianist again, that’s a bummer that it is Relief Society and not in the Primary. The Primary would be so much more fun. I’m glad that Makenzie is doing well in shot and discus, keep working hard!  

So this weekend we have Nino's baptism and it will be cool seeing how we are going to do it Saturday after a session of general conference. We will have all of the members there and there should be good support. We had a good lesson last night with Jose and Isabel. They are some of the first people to get to church on Sunday and they get there 20 minutes early in the same seats every week and act as if they had years in the church. They even read the manual for the classes on Sunday. We are working hard for their baptism next week. I don’t know what more to teach them, they know more than most of the members here. 

So we have a problem with a member in our ward who is always offending members in our ward and now is starting to offend some of our investigators which isn’t cool at all. So I’m pretty ticked with him. 

On Sunday there is this guy that we contacted about 2 months ago and we left him a Book of Mormon with the time of church inside of it. We tried passing by a couple of times but he was always working and we could never find him. So this week he found the Book of Mormon in his house and started reading it and he liked it and saw the schedule of church inside of it and showed up during Sacrament Meeting with the book in his hand which kind of shocked me! He asked us why we never passed by and we said we did so we are working with him now. That has never happened to me on my mission. 

On Saturday, Zoraida and Otoniel got married and Zoraida got baptized! They were the family that I was teaching in Puerto Plata and they had to go through a lot to get Otoniel divorced and them married. I wished I could have gone to the wedding and baptism. They are just the coolest family ever and they are going to be strong in the church. 

This weekend is my last General Conference in the mission!!!!! What a better way to celebrate it than having a baptism :). I hope y’all enjoy listening to our living day prophet! Take care and have a great week! 

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment