Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"Don’t judge me because I sin differently than you"

Hey guys how are y’all doing? I see that Jacob was making Moro de habichuelas. It wasn’t quite cooked Dominican style, Ill show y’all how to do it when I get back. It looked like he did a good job and Ill still be down for some rice and beans when I get home. I hoped y’all enjoyed Conference it was really good this year. And yes we saw David Archuleta, we were watching the Conference online and one of the elders saw him and started screaming like a little girl so we rewound it and saw that it was him. It was lame we had to watch the priesthood session in Spanish which wasn’t as impacting as listening to the actual voice.  

I learned a lot during Conference. I liked the bumper sticker that Elder Uchdorf saw that said- "Don’t judge me because I sin differently than you" which made me laugh. I also like how they talked about how we can be active in the church but are we active in the Gospel. Elder Holland spoke pretty strong when he said it is getting late. 

We had Nino's baptism during the sessions of Conference on Saturday so that was cool that is brother could baptize him. Also it was special that we could do the confirmation on the spot. 

Jose and Isabel are working hard to get the 3000 pesos raised up, the Judge isn’t working this week so they couldn’t get married this week but we are pushing for next week. We are working hard and trying to meet as many people as possible.  

We never get invited to eat here, I have eaten in the house of a member two times in the 5 months that I have been here, the church is so not true here, haha. This week should be the most spiritual week of all, but here, everyone just gets wasted and goes on vacation making it one of the hardest weeks in the year. But we do get habichuelas con dulce this week a Dominican favorite during the holy week. I do get to talk this week in Sacrament Meeting which I am looking forward to here. 

Thanks for the Peyton Manning jersey, just keep it till I get home that will be sweet! I wanted a white one anyways. I hope that all goes well and that y’all have a great week!  

Love,
Elder Smith

Matthew and Francis

Nino's Baptism




No comments:

Post a Comment