Thursday, April 12, 2012

Walking up and down mountains all day is not the easy on shoes.

Hey guys how has your week gone? I can’t believe that my departure letter has come, but I’m still not trunky, well maybe a little bit. It looks like Jacob is starting to dress up with the fly sweater for Easter. I don’t think before my mission he would have worn that, haha. I hope that Easter was good, I don’t think the Easter Bunny visits the DR. We got to go to Santiago today so that meant McDonald's for breakfast and dinner, McDonald's never tasted so good!  

Elder Carrasco is doing well and he is a hard worker and has already gone through two pairs of shoes. Walking up and down mountains all day is not the easy on shoes. I hope that the shoes I have now will last me until I get home. He keeps me alive for the most part, even though sometimes I have to get him going. 

Still there are no marriages unfortunately :(, we are working and they are supposed to go put a date with the Judge today so hopefully they have the 3000 pesos. It is starting to get tough again to start getting investigators to go to church. They go one week and one week no. Our ward is having a lot of problems, someone is stealing the tithing money so someone is going to get a pretty big punishment.  I think a change is coming soon, the whole stake presidency came to interview everyone on Sunday so that is something that rarely happens. 

At least I got to give my talk this last week. My comp and I spoke. Elder Carrasco spoke a whole 2 minutes so I had plenty of time to fill. One of these days I need to get the topic for my homecoming talk but that is still a little ways away. 

Well I hope that you guys have an excellent week, take care! I love you guys a ton!!!! 

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment