Wednesday, April 25, 2012

We were able to get 6 investigators to church this week

Hey guys how are y’all doing? Man I was hoping to get home a lot earlier than 5:15 that is lame. I’ll just go eat Pappasitos in the Dallas airport when I get there. Happy Birthday Makenzie, I won’t be able to say it to you on Friday so I’ll say it now. I will just wait to speak a week when I get back so I can get my English back, but I’m down for whatever. I’m now the only American in Mao, out of the 4 missionaries I’m the only white one. It is way lame... 

It never stops raining here!!!!! And when it is not raining it is so hot!!!!!!! I’ll send you some pictures, our street turns into a river when it starts raining and we can’t even leave the house. 

But this past week was awesome other than that. We had our meetings in our ward for the first time in the 6 months that I have been here and what a great help it was. It is so nice to have some help now. It takes a real load off of our backs. We were able to get 6 investigators to church this week which is the highest that I have had here in Mao, and all of them showed up before the members and were ready to go. Jose and Isabel are doing really well and we are trying to get them to the judge this week so that they can get married and baptized. Winston went to church for the first time and it was a little different for him without all of the yelling and people "speaking in tongues" but he liked it. He felt a huge difference in our church and the other evangelical churches he has gone to in the past. 

We are supposed to get some good references this week to start completing some families which will be fun and we should have some success. 

So funny story, there is a ward temple trip next week so the bishop had our ward secretary pull up a list of people of expired recommends so they could get an interview with the bishop and the first person that showed up on the list was the Bishop, ha-ha and then he tried to deny it. Oh our bishop sometimes...

Well I’m glad that Dad and Brittney got home safe, and that all is well. I wish y’all the best of luck this week and hope that y’all have a great week!!!! 

Love,
Elder Smith

Watching the river run down the street

The street

The Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment