Thursday, April 19, 2012

I’m happy here in Mao and I have Dr. Pepper so things can’t get that much better.

Hey guys how are y’all doing? I hope that y’all had a good week, congrats Makenzie for your achievements in track and in school. I hope that Dad and Brittney have a safe trip home from Utah. Here it has been raining everyday the past week but it looks like it has passed by. I’m either wet because I am sweating or because it is raining. I don’t know which one I prefer.  

This last week was hard with the rain and a little disappointing on the investigator side. It is like every one of our investigators is hitting a brick wall and just can’t quite seem to get over it. It is really sad when that happens. We are contacting a ton and we are not finding that many people. Yesterday we went back to some of the contacts we did and they had actually read the pamphlet which shocked me. Our Ward is having a ton of problems and the whole Stake Presidency has been at our ward the past 3 Sundays so there are some problems! I think we will have a new bishop pretty soon.  

Jose and Isabel have there papers they just need to got put the appointment with the judge. We are now teaching Arturo’s brother and he has been coming to church so he wants to get baptized so that would be good for Arturo to have more family in the church. The less actives here are really lame, they don’t want to do anything!!!!!!! But we keep trying, no one in our ward does visits so it is impossible to get them motivated.  

Yesterday was my comp's birthday so we had a good day. We left with some good members and had some great lessons. We ended the night off by getting some ice cream. For my birthday I don’t need anything really, I just want a phone and my old iPod when I get back home and I will be fine. So just save the money, I’m happy here in Mao and I have Dr. Pepper so things can’t get that much better. 

I would prefer to speak the first week I got back so I can just get it over with. It will be difficult but I think I would be able to pull it off. I just hope I don’t start going off in Spanish during the middle of my talk.  

So Nike is now starting to make the NFL jerseys? That is sweet!!!!! Well I hope that everyone keeps safe this week and that all goes well!!! Take care and have a great week!

Love,
Elder Smith

Santiago ruta, the car where you squeeze everyone into a 82 Camry


Companion's birthday treat

No comments:

Post a Comment