Wednesday, July 11, 2012

We had our baptisms on Saturday!!!!!


Hey guys, 8 more days!!!!!! I hope that y’all had a great week. We had our baptisms on Saturday!!!!! It was awesome, there was a lot of support from the ward and everything was perfect. So I baptized Jose and Elder Carrasco baptized Isabel. So it was the first time for my comp to baptize someone and it took him 3 times to get her completely underneath the water. So they are now baptized and confirmed!!!! It was an incredible experience after waiting a lot of time for this moment.  

That is bad news that Grandma and Grandpa Brink are not well. I hope that everything goes well and they get better, I would really like to see them at my homecoming. I will for sure keep them in my prayers.  

I’ve been sick since Monday night. I couldn’t leave the house yesterday, something I ate on Monday did not sit well with me and I have been in the bathroom all day and night. This is definitely not how I want to be the last week of my mission. 

We have a new family of 5 that we are teaching now that was a reference from a member that are progressing. They went to the baptism and church on Sunday. So I wish I would have been able to start teaching them earlier in my time here in Mao. So the next missionary here will be lucky. 

So this is the last email that I will be writing on my mission, so don’t write anything for next week!!! The next time we will talk will be face to face in the airport!!!! I will show y’all the pics of the baptism next week at home! 

Well I hope that y’all have a good week and I can’t wait to be home!!!!!!! I hope that Grandma and Grandpa get better!!! 

Love,
Elder Smith

Here are some pictures I took off a Facebook page their Ward has.








This is the last email from Elder Smith. We are so happy that he was willing to serve the people of the Dominican Republic these past two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment