Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"...that is hilarious that you would even think that we have a car"

What’s up guys? I am doing pretty well this week. And yeah we got pounded this past Thursday to Saturday with rain, so the streets were packed with rain, and it was hard to get out and teach much because of it. And of course we walk, that is hilarious that you would even think that we have a car. That is why I am so feakin skinny now, I sweat so much walking around. If we have to travel we take a ruda- 1990 Toyota Corolla with 8 people piled in a car.

That sounds like fun that family is coming out in the next couple of days, and that sucks about not going to the Texas/A&M game though I would be bummed to. I don’t need the Ensign we usually get here during the month so we haven’t gotten November yet but we should get it pretty soon. Dang, Cinco got womped on, just like Utah got wrecked by TCU this week. Its funny there is a guy that gets all of the sports updates way fast in the mission and he is good friends with Elder Morrison in our house, so we got a phone call Saturday night saying that Utah got worked.

I guess you asked what I would like for Christmas for right now I would like a new Gillette pro glide razor with refills for the razor, and a cheap little hair trimmer. That is what I would like and whatever else you would like to surprise me with would be great. Thanks in advance, also rechargeable AA and AAA batteries with a charger.

This week has been pretty good for the most part. The weather has been great when it is not raining; it has cooled down a little bit. Teaching has been good this week to, yesterday was my best teaching day in the mission we taught 7 lessons and I got to give another blessing in Spanish so I actually know the words know unlike the first time that I had to do it last transfer. We have found some good people this week from some references, we are teaching a 16 year old kid that just lost his dad, and also we have some guy that had problems with drugs wanting us to help him out so we will see how that goes. Also we have a great family but the parents aren’t married, the dad is inactive but the wife and their kids that are above 8 want to be baptized but we can’t do anything until the dad divorces his other wife and they get married. The wife and kids have tons of excitement but they can’t do anything until they are married, which sucks! There are coming to church every Sunday and they have changed so much since Elder de la Cruz and I entered the area. Of course I have plenty more of member teaching experiences, it has gotten so bad that this week my companion is training  members for this week. So we are pushing forward day by day the time flies fast when you are teaching, it is quite the opposite when you are walking from house to house to find someone home.
But yeah, I hope all is going well at home. Enjoy hot water and A/C we are supposed to get our water pump fixed this week so we will see how that goes. All four of us call the office everyday to remind them. The office elders are sucking it up, so we laid it on them when we were in Santiago last week. I was going to send some pictures this week but I think the computer deleted the photos I have had for the past 3 weeks which blows but I didn’t have to much on there so it is all good.

Take care, Have a great week, I think next p day we are playing golf at a par 3 course in Bonao so I am looking forward to that. Don’t do dumb things!

Love su Elder favorito, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment