Hey what’s up guys, how is it going? I am doing pretty good today I got over my sore throat so I am able to speak this week. Today was a pretty sweet day, I did an intercambio with Elder Morrison and we went to go play golf with Elder Parker and walker in Bonoa. So it was a great day, at first it was pouring rain and then it turned out to be a beautiful day. I have pictures but for some reason I cant access them from my memory card so if y’all could come up for a reason why I cant get them to show up on the computer that would be awesome, I have a lot I want to send home but I cant. But hey today I got a birdie on the 4th hole of the day so my day was a success and yes it was a true birdie no mulligan’s with a chip in. But I’m not with my companion today but Elder Morrison is dying so he is ordering his video games so he will have them when he gets home.
But for tomorrow the plan is to go to Fantino where they found turkeys so we are going to cook turkeys and mashed potatoes so it will be good to have a good American holiday tomorrow.
But this district conference was way good, and it was funny trying to see all of the ward members and leaders trying to suck up to President Lee. But out of the three branches there, President Lee slammed our branch and complimented the others. The members in our branch talk the talk and never walk the walk. So our members got bochead (lectured kind of it is a Dominican word), it was funny and something our branch needed. My favorite part of his bochea to our district was is comparison of Mexico to the DR and said Mexico is Mexico and for that they have 12 temples and we have one and they continue to grow, if you want to become a stake y’all have got to work. So my comp loved that one.
But teaching wise this week, I think went pretty well other than I had a sore throat and was barely able to speak, I did an intercambio and went to another part of Cotui this week so I got to work with another Haitian for the day. But the boy that we taught is progressing but we have a family of gold right now who are reading and understanding everything and going to church too. It was funny we left 3 Nephi 11 for them to read and when we came back to talk to them about it they labeled every point of the chapter and the significance of it, so it was like our job here is done. But the mom of this family, the person that baptized here into the Catholic Church, is our ward mission leader so that would be funny if he baptized her into the true church. So the whole family is great they have 2 kids that are always offering to say the prayers and have interest too, usually kids are a distraction but these kids pay attention and are great. We have others that are somewhat progressing but not much so we will see how it turns out.
Also this week I saw the biggest insect thing I have ever seen in my life, there was this centipede thing that I thought was a snake at first that came into the bathroom when I was taking a shower so it freaked me out a bit, I have pics but I can’t send them.
But yeah I did get y’alls card yesterday and it was nice to see y’all wit those shirts, do I not get one? Yeah I will miss spending thanksgiving with all, enjoy the food and football for me. We really have so much to be thankful for, I would make a list but I don’t think I could fit it in this email. The gospel blesses families!
Yeah take care guys, and have a great week!
Elder Matt Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment