Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What’s up guys?

What’s up guys? Are y’all doing this week? This week was a pretty good week for me. Thanksgiving was the freakin' bomb, we had an actually turkey and mashed potatoes and it was delicious. A member in the others Elder’s Branch cooked it for us, it was a little pricey but it was worth it. It looks like y’all had a good thanksgiving with sports and smores. To bad for football this past week, BYU would lose the game with a blocked field goal.

So it is getting time for Christmas, here they call December, bebiembre, just because it is the month where everyone just drinks.

So my camera memory cards, both have a virus on it is what is sounding like because it happens all the time here from other elders, so I think I found a program I am going to buy to fix it, so hopefully I can send stuff home today.

So someone finally came to check our water pump but we didn’t have power so they couldn’t fix it, we haven’t had power since last Friday, apparently the power line fell or something. But at least they fixed it this morning so hopefully we can get our house fixed for next transfer. Also I got a letter from Andrew this week, which I was waiting for, for a while.

This week there’s not really too much that is new, my comp has been fighting with a sick stomach so it has been hard to stay out all day because we have to keep returning to the house. We don’t really have too many new investigators because in the time out we have to pass by the ones that we already have. We have 2 families that are progressing right now, so hopefully they will keep on progressing, and we have a couple of other individuals that have some interest. I continuing to improve my Spanish and getting to the point to where I can say whatever I want to say if I need to, which especially helps while I am teaching because I can use stories and analogies which makes me a more effective teacher. Elder Franco is really helping me out a lot, and corrects me when I say something that just doesn’t make sense in Spanish. I have gotten over my fear of speaking in contacts and in lessons. I would rather be the one teaching. Nothing really has changed too much in our area, just a lot of walking and getting to know people.
It sounds like the Makenzie and Jacob are doing well in basketball, and that is good to hear, keep on working!

This week we have a multi zone conference, and I should be able to see the Christmas devotional, it starts really late here though.

Have a great week guys! I will try to get my memory card figured out, so hopefully I should get some pictures home.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment