But yeah I got to watch the devotional thing so the talks were in Spanish but the music was in English so it was great! So Makenzie gets to speak this week, congrats. I have gotten over the fear of giving talks in Spanish and talks in general but it isn’t so bad when you only have 30 to 50 people listening, it seems like nothing after speaking in our ward at home. So they love their Christmas hymns here, and that is all we have sung since the beginning of November, this week the branch president tried to have me play Silent Night for the Sacrament Hymn, so I was like you really can’t do that so I had to change it.
So today was transfers, and I am safe I still have Elder Franco and we are staying in our Area and we are looking to turn it up this transfer, it looks like I will probably have 6 months here unless they close the area which is a possibility. But yeah, Morrison went home this week, so we have a new American in the house which is sweet and he is a football junkie so it should be fun. So I will have another pizza buddy, my companion likes it a lot too so we usually go there or Pica Pollo for dinner every night which is kind of hard on the budget.
So today is a huge holiday and all of the Internet places were closed but the other elders in our house have an investigator that owns an Internet place so we got him to let us use his for the day, so we got lucky today. The past week and for the rest of this month is something called Patronal, which is just a huge party in the streets at night and the main part is just around the corner from our house so it is annoying with the noise until 2 in the morning. These festivities is just where everyone gets wasted out of their mind and fight each other in the street to celebrate a religious holiday, doesn’t make sense to me. And also at 6 every morning there is either a group of people marching around singing Christmas songs or some type of strike which is really annoying but oh well.
I am not going to lie, this past week was a little disappointing we had 6 investigators for sure coming to church and none of them showed up which was really lame. We have just been trying to find a new person through contacts which is not always the most fun way to do things, but if you don’t have people to teach you can’t teach. We have probably a good 8 to 10 solid investigator but we need to continue to find more. This week we had a zone conference with our zone, La Vega and the San Fransisco zone with President Lee which was awesome. It was how we could really apply what faith is in our mission and what faith actually is. Also how we can get Investigators to increase their faith through action. There is a lesson we teach which is called the Triangulo de Fe, which is prayer, scriptures, and attending the church. So I haven’t had to much new news in the past couple of weeks for the most part. I am getting better at teaching, so I can tell because usually my companion doesn’t review the principle I just taught and he just continues.
So I hope all goes well this week, and y’all enjoy the pics, I have a somewhat fast internet connection today so I should get a good number home. Also WE HAVE WATER, I took my first shower in 2 months today, and it was awesome. They finally fixed it yesterday so my Christmas wish came true.
Con amor, Elder Smith
House roommates
District
Matthew and his companion Elder Franco
Thanksgiving in the Dominican Republic
Thanksgiving Feast
Scenery
Matthew's birdie
Teeing off
On their way to go golf
This is the actual car they drove in to the golf course. Yes it runs!
The critter he found in the shower. It was a foot long.
I wouldn't want this critter crawling on me!
ReplyDelete