So for Christmas it should be like a normal day, but it won’t because everyone will be partying and we will keep in the house and the chapel for most of the day. Usually people celebrate their Christmas festivities on the day before, so that day we will eat at a members house, and we have some plans with a family that we are teaching. So we can’t really do what we want, but the schedule is flexible. For the call I will call anywhere from noon to about 3 your time, and it will be an 809 or 829 number. So I will call the home, and have y’all call me back so I don’t have to pay for it, and we will get to talk for awhile so I am excited to see how y’all are doing.
So we have had quite a bit of branch activities this week, so we have had some fun with the branch the past week, which means a lot of food and gift exchanges. I got a tie and some socks for my gift exchange. But it has been sweet this past week we are working hard with a family with parents named Rauline y Adneti and two kids Larisa and Ryme which are just awesome. We are spending Christmas Eve with them, to make sure that they don’t have their wine to celebrate Christmas. We taught the Word of Wisdom this week, and the only problem they have with it is that they drink a little on special occasions so we are working with this because that is the only problem they seem to have. They are reading and praying as a family and coming to all of the church activities and practically our whole branch knows them so we are lucky! They are the only couple in the whole neighborhood that is legally married where they live so we had luck contacting. So hopefully all goes well with this family.
Today we had a fun day in Santiago, we didn’t get to go to Chili’s because it is wayyyy expensive here and we didn’t have time, so I took Elder Franco to Taco Bell for my Christmas gift to him. I almost had a close call today, the store I usually buy my Dr Pepper was out of it, but luckily we found another store that had it but it was like a dollar a can, but when I had the craving I bought the last 8 they had so I can celebrate my Christmas the right way.
But guys I am way stoked for Este Sabado, I can’t wait to hear y’alls voices. Take care and only a couple of more days, I hope y’all enjoy the pics!
Elder A-Smeet
Navidad Tree and Cards
Family moving from the Branch.
Do you see what movie they watched at the Branch Party?
Toy Story 3 (Matt needs to keep his Uncle Kent employed)
Kids from the Branch
Matthew's buddy is to the right in the Nike shirt
Some of the Branch members
Elder Remington and Elder Smith(aka Matthew)
Matthew and the Relief Society President.
She drew his name for the gift exchange and got him the awesome yellow tie!
Matthew with the Branch President and Ward Mission Leader
He was Matthew's MTC and CCM Companion
They meet up in Santiago today
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Monumento de Santiago
Elder de Los Santos
Matthew's favorite Dominican!
American Elders
Tex-Mex, translation=Taco Bell
Elder Franco and Matthew
No comments:
Post a Comment