Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"we need to be good so this doesn’t happen"

Hey what is up guys, how are y’all doing? I am doing pretty well for the most part, I have been a little sick this week but nothing really bad.
So is Kirk going to start or what, or did they get him for a back up?
It doesn’t matter if the razor is powered or not, you can surprise me.
So it sounds like Makenzie and Jacob are doing well in basketball, so keep up the good work guys.
No, they haven’t fixed our water pump yet, but President Lee is coming out for the District Conference, which is like stake conference for branches, so he will probably check our house and he can get onto the office for us. Speaking of that we probably need to clean!
Yeah I got an email from Johnny saying he sent a letter, so I gave him my pouch address today, but thanks guys.

Where to begin for this week, so what is going on down here, lately it has been a lot of contacting and trying to get references so we can find some new cheese to start to teach with better situations. Our area is improving, when we came here for the first time the area was closed so we are building it up pretty good now. We have had investigators attend church every week this transfers so that is good. We have found some good families from references and we have a 16 year old guy that is golden. His dad died a year ago, and so after the plan of salvation lesson he was way pumped. And at his job he has plenty of time to read so he has been reading all of the time so that is way good, and he has got a desire we just have to wait and continue to work with him. So there are some great people that we are teaching now, one of our families we have been teaching for a while they have a daughter who is 7 years old and just had her birthday so I gave her a Libro de Mormon with a Milky Way, and all of her other friends started crying because I only had one, so everyone thinks I am the candy man now, so I feel bad when sometimes the kids cry because I don’t have anything. But the family was way appreciative and it was something they needed to give their family a boost. So we had some more apostasy taught this week, when we were teaching the resurrection the member said only those that go to spirit paradise get resurrected and everyone else is condemned to hell, so that was just one of those moments you put your hand in your face and say help me!!! Also we have spent some time with our ward mission leader visiting less actives, but every time he shares the message for the night it is like a fire and brimstone damnation scripture that he leaves up to me and my comp to apply to them, so it’s kind of like, “we need to be good so this doesn’t happen.”

So I am having some fun down here, we didn’t get to play golf this week but I think we are playing next week, and the Americans in our district are going to have an American Thanksgiving next Thursday. So that should be fun.

Keep up the good work guys, and have a great week!

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment