Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our area is doing better now

Hey guys, what’s going on? I am doing pretty well other than I had to waste a P day to go to Santiago to get a medical test which sucked. I guess some guy in our group in the CCM had TB or something and so everyone in my group had to go to the mission home to get tested which included needles so it wasn’t very fun. But this past week Elder Franco and I had the best numbers in the zone, according to the zone leaders. So it sounds like it is cold there, enjoy it for me. But yeah, we eat fruit all of the time here, we always go to the colmados and buy it and make juice which is my favorite. They have all kinds of fruit here and some that I have never heard of before the mission like zapote and lechoza, but the pineapple, and bananas are freakin delicious. So it sounds like Jacob is doing good in basketball and the girls are awesome, getting tough in there.


But nah the good weather is starting to leave and it is getting hot again and mosquitoes came out of no where and I am getting eaten alive out here. It sucks when you go to bed and you leave your feet uncovered and you wake up in the morning with bites all over feet which isn’t fun when you are walking all day.

Our area is doing better now, and our family of Raulin is freakin awesome. They have come to church the past couple weeks without us putting a huge emphasis on it which means they are choosing for themselves to come and they have the excitement to do it. They are doing really good and even the kids are learning a whole bunch. The son, Ryme, asked me for a picture of the Salt Lake temple so he could put it up on the wall. Other than that it is just a ton of walking and trying to find people at their houses which is a pain sometimes. But we have a dinner with Raulin and his family on Monday night because we have transfers next week, so I hope I stay here but we will see what happens.

This past Monday I had an intercambio with the DL in his area, so it was nice to finally teach with an American. It was an interesting day, we had some people that just wanted to bible bash with us when we were trying to teach so we just left. But in the night we were teaching the Doctrine of Christ to a family which is pretty much baptism. And the DL gave me a chance to convince them that there baptism wasn’t valid, so I nailed it and even got them to commit to a date, so the DL was impressed so I was happy about that. Sometimes here Dominicans won’t listen to you because you are white, so I didn’t have that with Elder Jacobs because they had to pay attention to me.

So keep up the good work at home, and stay safe.

Les quiero, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment