Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This week has been a great week

Hey what’s up guys how was the vacation break? So y’all finally got the picture CD, so I am guessing it worked then, I will just make a CD every couple of months and send that home. I just found that machete chillin’ on the temple grounds, a temple worker probably left it on the ground. So it sounds like everything is going great, congrats Britt on the scholarship and Makenzie on the win. So will dad have a plane when I get home? That’s sick that you are actually starting to get into the flying stuff, I know it has always been an interest of yours. We can fly back here when I get home. So Jacob gets to go to the Cotton bowl, your gay, just kidding but have fun, who is he going to cheer for. Colby got his call to Boise, Idaho, alright that’s sweet for him, I was wondering if he was going after this semester or the next but that’s sick.

This week has been a great week, other than the 31st and 1st were dead days, and it was a little dangerous to be outside with everyone out drinking so for the night we went over to the District Leader’s house with the other Elders in Cotui. Other than that all of the other days have been really productive and we have got a lot done. Raulin and his kids are set on being baptized pretty soon, and they have a lot of excitement for that and he is doing everything he can to avoid alcohol and hasn’t touched a drink since we taught the Word of Wisdom. The wife has some doubts but I think she will pull through soon, I would give anything to have the whole family baptized at once. So the members are finally starting to work with us a little bit on this family so we have to do less work which is nice. So we are continuing to fast and pray for this family and encourage them to read and pray together so that all can be part of it. Other than that we just had to drop a lot of people which is not fun to do, and we have to go from house to house again but oh well, if you don’t do it you don’t have anyone to teach.

The weather is perfect here right now, maybe a little hot in the afternoon, but the morning and the night is absolutely perfect. So I am enjoying the weather here and it isn’t as bad walking when it is not as hot.

But I hope all is going well back home and that everyone continues to have fun and work hard.

Love, Elder Smith

 Elder Matt Smith
Elder Franco
Matthew's companion

Landscape

More landscape

Showing that they don't take care of things very well there

Baseball field... Remember it is the Dominican Republic

Matthew with a knife/machete he found on the Temple grounds

No comments:

Post a Comment