Hey guys what is going on? I am doing well just dying out in the heat and the sun but I'm still alive. I am guessing it is spring break right now and it sounds like y’all are having fun. So BYU is a number 3 seed, hopefully they can at least make it to the sweet 16 this year, that is crazy 52 points by Jimmer, dang. I was playing a little bit like Jimmer in our zone activity today not to brag or anything. I'm getting a bracket this week from a member in our ward so I got to fill it out without any info on how this year has been. But dang Friday morning we saw what happed in Japan in an investigator's house on TV, freak dawg. Elder Reyes and I have just decided to start doing contacts using Matthew 24, maybe people will be more interested now ha-ha. But yeah I'll send the photos of my shoes next week. Does Jacob have coach Dickerson for a teacher? And no I don’t think they celebrate St. Patrick’s Day here, what day is it?
This week was a little disappointing in that we didn’t have any investigators in church and it is getting crucial if we want to have baptisms this transfer. When I entered they made the rules way strict on baptizing people because of how many less active people there are. But this week we have found some really good investigators through contacting and we continue to work with the people that we have. We found an old investigator that probably has a testimony stronger than mine that Joseph Smith is a prophet and the book of Mormon is true, but is wife is super Catholic and his wife hates it when we talk to him, so he has us come over when she isn’t there. But this week his wife came home when we were teaching him and she freaked out, and we had a huge discussion for almost 3 hours with them and the guy finally bore his testimony to his wife and than she shut up so it was funny. This week we have had some lessons turn into bible bashes unfortunately, it just ends up with Elder Reyes showing them what is up and nothing good really comes from it. Other than that we have some golden investigators that are awesome and do everything that we ask them so it is exciting to work with them. We have a blind guy that we are teaching to that has had the lessons before but wants us to teach him again, and the funny thing is, is that his last name is Smith which is rare, rare, rare in this country.
Monday night when we got back to the apartment and a huge fight busted out on the corner so we were all watching from the balcony and it got way intense. And then at 2:00 in the morning someone tried to rob the cafeteria downstairs and gun shots went off which woke us up, so we just call the corner of the street Satan’s Corner now.
How are y’all doing? So what all did y’all do for spring break? Enjoy the pool for me, take care, and have a great week!
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment