Hey guys how is it going? Man it is just getting hotter and hotter every day, and I am terrified for the summer to come. I am already fried and have just accepted the fact that I will always be drenched in sweat but oh well. That is a bummer for BYU that they didn’t make it further, and dang they played another overtime game with Florida . But these last couple of weeks has been awesome here and we have found some studs that are progressing fast like I have never seen before in my mission. We had some set backs with some of our key investigators so we have to delay their baptisms till the beginning of next transfer but are working hard to get one next Saturday. Also good news, I found a store with Dr. Pepper for only 25 pesos a can in our area so I can feed my addiction once again.
We are working hard with a guy named Emerson right now, and when we first started teaching him he did absolutely nothing and ditched his woman. But now he has changed and is a new man. He is going to church, praying, reading a ton and doing everything to make things right. We are getting him divorced with his ex-wife and married with his new wife in the next week if everything goes as planned. He is opening up a lot to us and really putting the Atonement into his life.
Also we have a guy named Cesar that is a stud and a half. His wife is super catholic and pretty much attacks him when ever he is reading the Book of Mormon. But this week he came to church for the first time, and was probably the best dressed there and told us he had to argue off his wife for an hour to get out of the house to come. This guy has a testimony stronger than Elder Reyes and I, and is fuerte.
We have a long list of others that are progressing including our family of gold, and now we are teaching the best friend's family of the dad and are awesome. Also we have people that are doing work with the Book of Mormon and understand everything that we teach. I now have a new record of 18 lessons with out a member effort this week with 12 new investigators. I am afraid for transfers in 2 weeks. Also we had a zone conference Friday that was pretty legit.
I am doing well, the power here has been a little iffy the past week and it sucks when I want to use my fan when we come back for lunch after the morning but oh well, I am happy and the people here are awesome and I love the culture. Take care guys, I am always praying for y’all and hope y’all have a good week!
We are working hard with a guy named Emerson right now, and when we first started teaching him he did absolutely nothing and ditched his woman. But now he has changed and is a new man. He is going to church, praying, reading a ton and doing everything to make things right. We are getting him divorced with his ex-wife and married with his new wife in the next week if everything goes as planned. He is opening up a lot to us and really putting the Atonement into his life.
Also we have a guy named Cesar that is a stud and a half. His wife is super catholic and pretty much attacks him when ever he is reading the Book of Mormon. But this week he came to church for the first time, and was probably the best dressed there and told us he had to argue off his wife for an hour to get out of the house to come. This guy has a testimony stronger than Elder Reyes and I, and is fuerte.
We have a long list of others that are progressing including our family of gold, and now we are teaching the best friend's family of the dad and are awesome. Also we have people that are doing work with the Book of Mormon and understand everything that we teach. I now have a new record of 18 lessons with out a member effort this week with 12 new investigators. I am afraid for transfers in 2 weeks. Also we had a zone conference Friday that was pretty legit.
I am doing well, the power here has been a little iffy the past week and it sucks when I want to use my fan when we come back for lunch after the morning but oh well, I am happy and the people here are awesome and I love the culture. Take care guys, I am always praying for y’all and hope y’all have a good week!
Love,
Elder Smith
Matthew, Aronny and Elder Reyes
Aronny is a member that has been helping them
Matthew feeding his addiction
No comments:
Post a Comment