This past week Elder Reyes and I have decided to start using our priesthood with our investigators, and giving blessings to them when they are sick or when they need help. We have already seen little miracles in the doing this past week. We are continuing to contact and we have found some new people that seem to be pretty good. We had a question from our family of gold this past week which I was hoping I would never be asked on my mission. They have been studying the Libro de Mormon a lot, and asked the question if the Great and Abominable Church that Nephi saw is the Catholic church because they are Catholic and were like this is a little strong. My comp and I were a little timid to answer it but we went back last night and had one of my favorite lessons that I have taught with them. We spoke really open with them and of course the abominable church is not jut the Catholic Church, and explained to them why Nephi named it that. Also we have a guy that some members were teaching and gave him the triple combination and read all of the Pearl of Great Price, and parts of D&C and the Book of Mormon. So we went and taught him once and he came to church half and hour early and was participating and liked it a bunch. He is 26 and is a doctor, and he said he wanted to marry a Mormon girl, but none of them would marry him because he isn’t Mormon, so we have some luck there. Also we have our 91 year old investigator that is having some serious health problems, so we are trying to help him with his severe asthma.
This week I did an intercambio last Friday with Elder Gordon to go teach their recent convert that was in the baptism photo. So we got to teach in English because she knows perfect English, and her boyfriend lives in the states. But after the lesson she brought us brownies and it was my first time to have them on my mission and they were amazing. She apparently a huge basketball fan and follows BYU basketball so she told me Friday morning they lost, so I was kind of bummed about that.
I hope all is going good with y’all, and wish y’all a fun week and a good spring break!
Love Elder Smith
One pair of my shoes are completely done for, so if you could look up the guarantee that would be awesome.
Dominican Castle
Elder Reyes and Matthew
Member that fed them on Sunday
Relaxing after a hard days work
Matthew teaching his companion
No comments:
Post a Comment