Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cesar is getting baptized Saturday

Hey guys, it’s been a great week. I think I actually miss the rain because it was actually cooler with the rain, now it is insanely hot. The fan doesn’t do such a great job as an ac system. But hah, Jacob has glasses now too; looking good bro.

Great news, Cesar is getting baptized Saturday at 10:30 in the morning. We filled out is baptism form yesterday and it is all good. He picked me to baptize him so this will be the closest I will be to swimming this summer. I’m way stoked, his wife is kind of iffy on it, but his desire overrode her. He is already acting as the ward mission leader with the other investigators we have. Funny thing, some of his best friends when he was a kid are members such as our Elders Quorum president and others who are converts so he thinks it is a sign he should be there.

We have two other guys that we might have baptized in 3 weeks at the end of the transfer. We got two golden references, Eddy and Jose Miguel. Eddy is a good friend of a member and of Cesar so they are working a lot with him. Also Jose Miguel is 19 and was another reference from an RM. Also when he went to church he found some of his good friends there and he went to institute last night with them. We still have some of our good families and are just trying to get them to church. We also have a Haitian that we are teaching that has gone to church for a month but we have to wait 2 more months until we can baptize her.

Hey mom, the new shoes are looking fresh! And yeah I miss our good ole dinner time conversations. I think those are one of the things I miss most about home. I got a little trunky Sunday, we ate at one of the richest guys in La Vega house. We have a guy that is a way good doctor in our branch. We got a ride to his house and home in a brand new 4 Runner, and the best pasta I have had on my mission. A ride in a car home from church and good food is something you never get here.

I hope y’all are having a great week enjoying the summer, and wow time has passed by insanely fast, I almost have a year!
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment