Thursday, June 2, 2011

He is way short so I sometimes lose him when we are in the street.

Hey guys, how are y’all doing? I'm doing well and little tired, we played football all morning. I love having someone in the zone that has a football. But yeah the rain sucks, I had to go buy a pair of hiking boots to keep my feet dry during the day. I have to buy a new umbrella someone stole it yesterday. I finally got good at bargaining with the Haitians so for 10 bucks I got a pair of 100 dollar shoes. I almost got a 110 dollar pair of Nikes for 10 bucks but he wouldn’t go that low. But yeah my toe is doing a lot better now with new shoes.

Happy early B-day mom, thanks for all you have done and enjoy your b-day, just don’t go to Pappasitos on Sunday :)

But yeah, Elder Jimenez is pretty good for the most part. He is way short so I sometimes lose him when we are in the street. He is way different than Elder Reyes and his form of teaching is different but it is all go. We had 4 people in church our first week together and it is nice having someone who doesn’t know the area so we have some life in the area. We will see if we will have a baptism this week, Cesar is finally settling things worked out with his wife and she has chilled out since Reyes left. She pretty much hated him but likes me so we have some luck. Cesar wakes up at 4:00 every morning to read the scriptures before he goes to work! He read 3 Nephi 27 yesterday and it hit him that he should work to be baptized this Saturday so I hope all goes down, and I'll get to do my first baptism. We have done a lot of contacts and we still have some of our other investigators that have dates to be baptized this month so we are working with that.

Congrats to everyone for their awards, I bet everyone is looking forward to the summer other than me. Take care and have a great week!

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment