Thursday, July 7, 2011

I’m on a beach! I got transferred to Puerto Plata.

Hey what’s up guys? I’m doing great, we had another baptism this past week and it was awesome! Hey guess what, I’m on a beach! I got transferred to Puerto Plata (Silver Port) and I extend the mission with another Latino comp from El Salvador named Elder Montepeque, I’m going to forget English pretty soon. He seems way tight and says we have some people that are good here, but none of them are married legally so we have to work with that. But I’m stoked that Javier put in his papers, he can come join me out here. Dad finally let go of the Dodge, it will be weird seeing my truck in the other driveway when I get home.

So yeah I was kind of bummed to leave my last area because we had a lot of people progressing and of all of the juice that we got from the members, but I was stoked when I was called to one of the coolest areas in the mission. Seeing the beach today was sweet other than the fact that I can’t go swim. We baptized Edi this past week and I got my second baptism. He was a stud, we started teaching and baptized him in the same transfer. It is awesome Cesar and Edi help each other out a lot, and they have already started paying their tithing! The branch in La Vega was sick and helped us out a lot. Now I am in a ward for the first time in my mission.

My new area looks pretty legit, we have the mountains on one side, and the beach on the other. You can see the mountains behind the photo of my comp and I. I can’t wait to take a gondola up to the top of it and see everything. I hope that y’all enjoy the photos that I sent home. I really don’t have too much to say because I don’t know how things are here yet.

I love you guys, take care and enjoy the summer!

Love, Elder Smith



Matthew and his new companion, Elder Montepeque (pronounced Montapecker)


Mildred and her daughter, they always gave the missionaries juice


Saying goodbye to Edi and Cesar

Matthew found a friend

Matthew, Jose Miguel and Elder Jimenez

Matthew with Dariel who is a RM. Matthew was going to baptize his wife in 2 weeks but got transferred

Matthew, Elder James and Elder Kinney


At a dinner cita (appointment)

Matthew eating in the dark, you know the power goes off all the time



Edi's baptism

Matthew and Edi


Matthew, Edi, Cesar and Jimenez


At the Tourist Trap


No comments:

Post a Comment