Thursday, July 21, 2011

We had 6 investigators at church and went to Sosua Beach for P Day

Hey what is up guys? It sounds like everything is going good back home. In 365 days I'll be on an airplane heading towards Houston! It is great to hear that Grandpa Brink is recovering well, and hope every thing goes well with Grandpa Smith. I hope Javier gets called out here and I can train him, it would be easy since he already knows Spanish. Jacob survived some heat and humidity, good job you survived a week. Today we went to Sosua beach for the day, so that was way fun other than we couldn’t get in the perfect water. I know why people pay to come to this country now. We played some soccer on the beach so my comp was happy for that.

Elder Montepeque is pretty tight, we get along really well and he is an awesome teacher. Our ward is pretty tight, there are usually about 120 people in Sacrament Meeting every week so it is pretty consistent. Everything runs well in this ward other than in the gospel principles class the teacher was teaching that we should pray to Jesus instead of Heavenly Father, talk about apostasy! We had 6 investigators at church so I like the numbers here. We are working really hard to get some of our couples married but it is hard when they don’t have their information, or a little bit of extra money to pay for it. One of the people we are teaching is 16 and he is living with his 27 year old girlfriend, talk about awkward. Contacting is a little hard, Elder Montepeque has contacted every house in our area and it’s hard when you do the same houses again. He just tells me to pick cause he already has tracked everything.

I hope everything is going well at home, the summer is passing by fast! Enjoy the new furniture, I can’t wait to sit on a real couch again! Take care, Love you guys!

Love, Elder Smith

Matthew and his companion, Elder Montepeque 

Matthew and Elder Jimenez(he is best friends with Elder Reyes, one of Matthew's former companions)

Matthew and Elder Child, he lives in the house with him

People from his Zone
Which one is the American???


His shirt blends in with the water and sky

They found Bob Marley


Relaxing on P Day

We love you too!

Scenery



Clear water.
We don't see that on our Texas beaches

I wish I could go swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment