Hey guys how are y’all doing? We had a pretty good week for the most part, it was really busy and hectic with a lot of work and traveling.
The Texans won the AFC South! Wow that’s crazy and the Broncos are doing well, where have I been for the last 17 months?
Hey thanks for the package and I’m sure my comp will love what y’all sent him! We have transfers next week so I hope the package gets here before Wednesday, it will be weird having a transfer during the week of Christmas.
We were going to have a baptism this week but we moved it forward to the next Saturday on Christmas Eve, so we will see if we will be able to do it on that day. We are working hard here trying to find new people and trying to fish out some references from the members. This time of year is really hard for the mission work in this country. I saw a statistic the other day that said the DR has the lowest marriage rate in the world! So that didn’t surprise me when I saw that stat. We have a lot of families that we are teaching now so we are trying to get them up and going and progressing. It just seems like every family has problems that are getting harder and harder to resolve.
Last Friday was a crazy day, I had to do 5 baptism interviews in 3 different cities. It was weird being on the other side of the table during and interview but it was a cool experience. Some of the candidates were part of a family and it was cool to hear their conversion story and how the gospel has blessed them in their own lives. My District had 6 baptisms this past weekend and this District is one of the Districts that baptize less in the mission but they are working hard.
On Saturday we had a joint ward activity in Mao with the Elders Quorum and they had a dominoes tournament to invite all the less actives, members and investigators. So they did a random pairing for the tournament and my partner and I won the tournament! I beat the Dominicans in their own game. Instead of a fellowship activity it was an activity filled with contention kind of like church ball back home. It was funny to see the faces of the people when they got beat by a gringo. So I got a cool medal, I was lucky that I was playing with someone who knew how to play.
I hope that y’all enjoy y’alls vacation coming up and I can’t wait till Christmas to talk to y’all! Take care!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment