Thursday, December 8, 2011

Santa Clause came for a visit and I won a sweet tie in a scripture mastery contest.

Hey guys how are y’all doing? I hope that y’all are having a good week and surviving the cold weather. It’s getting pretty cold here in the morning, it’s kind of like camping when you go to bed it’s hot and when you wake up you are freezing. I’m glad that Jacob and Makenzie are doing well in basketball. Today kind of sucked, the power was out all day so I couldn’t go get my hair cut or do anything else so we just played dominoes all day. Yesterday we had a zone conference and I got to see a lot of friends in the mission and it was a spiritual experience. Santa Clause came for a visit and I won a sweet tie in a scripture mastery contest.

It looks like next week we will have one baptism with an investigator named Arturo. He was a contact we did my first day here. He has two friends that are less active and they are starting to get active as well and we are starting to work with their families as well. It’s getting harder and harder to find people to teach and teach the people that we have. The good thing is that we have a lot of families, but the only problem is that none of them are married so we will see if we can pull of a Christmas miracle. I am enjoying the area here and it is definitely helping me keep skinny.

This weekend I get to do 6 baptismal interviews so it will be cool to get to interview people and help them make the covenant of baptism. My district is working hard and we are getting a lot done.

I’m counting the days down as well until we can Skype on Christmas day, I hope I stay here and don’t get transferred 4 days before Christmas. I can’t believe we are already in December it still feels like it is summer. I hope all goes well in work, school, and sports. I love y’all a ton, take care and have a great week!

Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment