Thursday, January 19, 2012

We are finding a lot of new families out here

Hey guys how are y’all doing? Crazy news, Elder Bednar is coming to speak to our mission on the 13th of February! So that will be awesome. Yesterday I had a meeting with President Lee to discuss all of the problems that are going on in the wards and branches out here, why does the church have to have so many problems here??? We also had a sweet capacitacion (training) afterwards.

So I guess the Broncos and the Texans won’t play each other that’s a bummer. Tim Tebow forgot to read his scriptures or something.

The baptism that we were going to have last week was cancelled and we are going to do it next week. He was drinking coffee but after not passing the baptismal interview he got right to work and stronger. He is really excited for his baptism next week and is reading and praying more than ever. But news, the Polanco Family in Puerto Plata that I was teaching is getting married and baptized in 2 weeks so they can complete the family!!!!! I got to see them in Santiago today with Elder Montepeque and Elder Feliz so that was awesome. Here in Mao we have dates for 2 families to get married in the middle of February. We are finding a lot of new families out here and the work is so much better when you are teaching families. We have a lot of dates for people to get baptized and we are about to put a bunch more in this week that comes. Life would be so much easier if everyone was already married.

Unfortunately things aren’t getting better with Elder Leiva, he just wants to sleep all day and I’m sick of dragging him around like a little kid. I’m trying my best to help him out and push him more he just doesn’t want to do it. So my patience is very thin with him. At least I just have to survive 2 more weeks.

We had our p day in Santiago today and it was sweet to see all of my old comps and my family out in the Plata. I hope that y’all have a great week, and good luck in all that y’all do!!

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment