Wednesday, May 11, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTNEY!

Hey guys how are y’all doing? It was awesome to get to Skype with y’all Sunday, and it looks like everyone is doing well. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTNEY! The big 18, congrats! It is weird to think that I will be 20 tomorrow. It sounds like y’all will have some fun with family in the upcoming weeks. And yeah I got part of my toenail taken out on Monday, and I have got a sick video for y’all that I will send home in a cd shortly. The anesthesia shots in my toe were terrible, especially the one they but in between the big toe and the toe next to it. Talk about my least favorite shots ever! But I was able to get back to work yesterday because they didn’t take the whole thing off.

So last night we went by Cesar's house to go see how things were with his wife. So we talked to his wife and things actually went pretty good. She is a lot calmer now, but told us that she had a "nightmare" that her house was full of Mormons cleaning the house. So we were like and that is a bad thing? So Cesar arrived home when we were talking to her and everything went way smooth, and we have a cita (appointment) with him tonight and we will see how things go. Also Flavio is a stud, we showed up to his house last night and he was reading the Book of Mormon and he is already at the end of 2nd Nephi. He hasn’t touched coffee or beer since we taught him the Word of Wisdom and he was an addict to coffee. He drank it about 10 times a day and thought he would never be able to give it up and he has and said it is a miracle that he has.

So it is good to be out in the sun again, and getting to work with the people we have without my foot problem. I sold my other shoes to Elder Reyes and I bought some others in the Haitian market for 12 bucks yesterday, hopefully they will last. I won't lie I was a little home sick after seeing everyone and especially the pool with the dogs, but I got over it pretty quick. Only 7 more months till the next call, not much uh. Take care guys, and have a great week!

Love Elder Smith