Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm freakin' stoked

Hey guys, 4 days!!! I'm freakin' stoked, so I am going to a house of a member that has Skype and I'll be there around 2:30 y’alls time till how late I want so whenever y’all get home from church I'll be ready. But yeah, feel free to take the rain from here, Elder Reyes has been sick the past couple of days because of walking in it all day. Some bad news, I have an infected, inflamed-ingrown toenail too so it sucks. So I have to get it taken out in the next week, I would of taken it out yesterday but we have to wait until the infection is taken out. So I got a sweet steroid shot in the butt for it yesterday for it. The new shoes were way too tight, they were a different style. So know I got to go try to find a nice pair of eccos in the Haitian market for 10 bucks this week. So with this I'm confined to the house which isn’t fun at all it is just reading all day which is death.

But on the good note, we had an awesome week when we could leave the house. We had 5 investigators in church which is a new record for me. Cesar is a stud, and it is probable that we will baptize him Saturday. His wife brought the biggest opposition ever this past week. She is super catholic and Elder Reyes and her argued for an hour straight and brought up the threat of getting a divorce if Cesar gets baptized, so it was a pretty serious situation. Cesar is handling the situation perfect, and is ready to go into the water this week. So we are praying all goes smooth, we have a cita with him tonight so we will see then. Also we have Flavio and his family that came and is the perfect investigator. He has changed a ton in the short time we have with him. One thing that has surprised me in the mission is the Word of Wisdom. I thought it would be the hardest thing to help people overcome in the mission, but so far it has been one of the easiest. People have a harder time giving up their cup of coffee in the morning than their rum or beer.

So yeah Elder Reyes and I are just trying to keep our health up, it is being a pretty big obstacle for us right now. Staying in the house all day without anything sucks. But I am way excited for Sunday. Take care and see you Sunday!
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment