Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy early Cumpleaños Dad!

Hey guys how are y’all doing? Happy early Cumpleaños Dad! I’m doing all right for the most part, a couple of complaints but oh well. Thanks so much for the package those Skittles and Swedish Fish really made my day Saturday. I taught a mission high of 38 lessons last week so that was my bright spot for the week. I sent 2 Cd's of pictures home last week so y’all should get them soon.

I’m dying here little by little in this area. Yesterday was one of my hardest days in my mission when every one of our appointments fired and there was just no one to teach. There was a lot of walking involved and getting rejected by the same people over and over again. It doesn’t help when I have to babysit my comp all of the time. I just want a normal missionary as a companion. Now he has got a thing for a girl in our ward and I just can’t seem to catch a break. On top of that the mission is barely giving me any money to cover his expenses so I am barely surviving.

At least we have some good things going on in our area so those are keeping me alive. We have the baptism of Victor next week so we are finishing preparing him and helping him get ready. We had success working with the members this week in helping Felix go to church. He showed up early for his first day all dressed up with a white shirt and tie! He liked it a lot so I am hoping this helps him get closer to baptism. We are struggling a bit with the people that we have and trying to find new people.

I hope that Dad has a good birthday, and y’all can enjoy Pappasitos for me. Good luck tonight in your football game Jacob. I love y’all, take care and have a good week!

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment