Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A kid asked me if I had been shot at yet.

Hey guys how are y'all doing? Conference weekend was way sick even though the power and signal kept going out. Every time there was a good talk the power or satellite would go out so that wasn’t too fun. But I enjoyed a lot of the talks and I learned a lot of things I can teach to my investigators. So I got the letters from the Primary kids and my favorite one was one that a kid asked me if I had been shot at yet. So they were fun and good humor. So did BYU really pulled Heaps out, dang he must have not done very good then.

But things are going well down here with the mini, he has learned a lot in the past week and it helps that he was the Ward Mission Leader before. He is 18 and is expecting his mission call in these coming weeks! The transition from being at home and in the mission the next day was a little rough for him but he is starting to adjust, he is dead at the end of the day. He is doing really well and I can almost teach with him as if he was a normal missionary. I have to put a lot of the work on my shoulder but it is fun having someone who is new in the work. He doesn’t know any of the rules so I had to help him out there. The first couple of days he would ask me if he could use the bathroom, and I would tell him dude you don’t have to ask me.

Our area is doing pretty good, I am slowly dying as I don’t know where there are any more we can contact seeing how I have contacted it multiple times. We should be able to baptize Victor next week if everything goes smoothly with him. We still have the problem of trying to get people married but I think we will be able to pull off the marriage of Alberto y Linaori soon. But we are trying to meet as many new people as possible.

But I hope everything keeps going well back at home and that temperatures cool off there and here! Have a good week and take care!

Love, Elder Smith


Hermano Reyes and Matthew

View of Matthew's house from the gondola


View from the top of the gondola




No comments:

Post a Comment