Thursday, September 29, 2011

What a blessing is it that we have a loving Heavenly Father that talks to us through his servants

Hey guys how are y’all doing? I'm doing alright, so I didn’t get transferred but my comp did so I am was disappointed that I didn’t get transferred, and my new comp is Hermano(brother) Reyes. So notice how it doesn’t say elder, I am going to have a mini missionary this transfer. So I am not too excited for that, it is like training from scratch. So I have heard it is you just do everything and they are there to just take up space and be your comp. So I will have at least 2 more transfers here in Puerto Plata. I am going to miss Elder Feliz. But you have to make the best out of every situation. At least I am in an area that is progressing and we will have baptisms this transfer.

But a funny story for this week, one night we were sitting in our room talking at night and Elder Yepez went outside on the balcony to enjoy the night breeze and Elder Childs his comp thought that he went to bed. So when we finished talking Elder Childs went to go shut and lock the door, but Yepez fell asleep outside and Childs thought he was in is bed asleep. So we locked him out of the house. So my comp was woken up by someone knocking on the iron security thing on our window and it was Elder Yepez trying to wake us up to let him in the house. And so Elder Feliz thought it was someone trying to rob us at 5:00 in the morning. So after a while he realized it was just Yepez trying to get into the house. So it was kind of funny.

So I will have to do almost all of the workload this transfer but it will be fun. We have some people that can get baptized this transfer. Victor will get baptized in a couple of weeks and we just need to get Alberto and Linaori, and Otoniel and Zoraida married this transfer. No one here in Puerto Plata is married! I have never had an area as bad as this one for that.
But I am excited for Conference this weekend! What a blessing is it that we have a loving Heavenly Father that talks to us through his servants and we have the opportunity to listen to them this weekend! I am hoping I can watch it in English but we will see what we will do. I hope y’all enjoy it as well. Good luck to everyone, I love y’all!

Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment