Monday, October 24, 2011

Victor is getting baptized on Saturday

Hey guys how are y’all doing? I’m doing pretty well for the most part, really tired but I’m doing alright. We just got back from Santiago and I got to eat McDonalds for lunch which was amazing. So when I was eating I met a girl that is a Jehovah’s Witness missionary that graduated in 08 from Cy Ridge high school so it is a small world when I meet people from Houston out in the DR. In these past couple of weeks I have learned a lot of patience with my comp Hno. Reyes.

But this Saturday we are having a baptism! I’m going to get to do the baptism of Victor on Saturday! So the waters of baptism will be a nice cool off. Its funny that he was a contact we did on Sunday afternoon which is the worst day to contact during the week. He told off his other pastor when he tried to say that we weren’t Christians. But also we have Felix who is a stud and a half and is getting ready to get baptized soon. We are working hard with him to get him married. Also we have the Polanco family with who we did a family home evening with them and watched a movie and it was one of the most spiritual lessons that I have had on my mission when the family began to give their testimonies and it hit hard on Otoniel that has been kind of weak lately. So they should be getting married pretty soon. This past Sunday during elders quorum are elders quorum president was teaching apostasy during the class and our investigators were correcting him throughout the lesson so that was pretty funny. So our investigators are strong and we are getting a lot of people to church right now so that is really good.

So last week I was teaching the Elders Quorum on tithing and I think the problem with tithing in this country is that people don’t know what 10% of their income is. I was putting examples on the board and no one could pull 10% from the numbers, it was kind of sad having grown men that can’t do simple math. Math is a huge problem in this country, it is really frustrating.

I hope that all goes well this week and that dad had a good birthday. Take care and be safe!

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment