Thursday, February 16, 2012

The most spiritual week of my life

Hey guys how has y’alls week been? This past week was the most spiritual week of my life!


Happy Birthday Jacob! That is crazy that he will be a Teacher this week, the time passes be so fast.

It’s good to see that the family is growing, there will be a lot of new members to the family when I get back.

Congrats to Makenzie for going up to varsity, atta girl.

Its weird I can now count the months I have left with one hand!
Our Mission Conference with Elder Bednar was amazing! He is an awesome speaker, he didn’t even give a talk. He was with us for 3 hours and the time flew by. He was just asking us questions and we were just asking him questions as well. He tells things how they are! He is a funny guy, but brings and incredible spirit just by stepping into the room. I was in the second row, so he was right there! Too bad at the end we weren’t able to shake his hand. He taught us that we should let our investigators act and we shouldn’t act upon them. Treat them like agents and let them seek wisdom by faith. He is still a pretty young guy and he made some really funny comments. It was awesome to see everyone in the mission, and afterwards we went to Papa Johns so it made it even more legit.

We still haven’t had any marriages or weddings but we have dates at the end of this month to do it. I promised to make them a cake when they do it so they have a little more motivation. But everyone went to church this past week and they were there most of the time which was incredible. Jose and Isabel are stronger than ever and they shared a strong testimony with us last night. Also Aneudi now has a new job that gives him a lot more time to read the scriptures and go to church on Sunday and he has everything to get married with Evelin now. We have an awkward situation with Wilson and Morena, Wilson has another family and children and is now with Morena so we will see what happens tonight in our lesson with them. We are getting some more support from our ward now with our families, they have years without baptizing a full family. We have a stud ward mission leader at least who helps us out quite a bit.

So in my interview with President Lee this week we were talking and all of a sudden he stopped and looked at me and told me that I will need my Spanish in 12-15 years and that it is very important for me to do everything I can to dominate Spanish. So that kind of freaked me out I was like wow, so I don’t know if it was him prophesying or what but that was kind of cool. Also President Lee told be that this transfer with my comp was the "Trial of my Faith" so that made me laugh.

I hope that everything goes well and that Makenzie’s team does well in the playoffs. I love y’all a ton, take care and have a great week!

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment