We had our baptism this last weekend and it was crazy! I had a meeting Saturday morning in Navarrete so we couldn’t clean and fill the baptismal font until the afternoon. So it took a while to clean it with all of the lizards and bugs. We finished cleaning the font at about 4:00. So we started to fill the font and just as soon as we started filling the font the power went out and the water pump turned off. So we went to go turn on the generator but the battery was dead so there was no way to fill the font. Elder Leiva and I were a little worried seeing how we had a baptism coming up and there was no water to baptize. So we waited half and our and still nothing. We decided to get down on our knees and pray and as soon as we finished a couple of seconds later the power came back and we filled the font just in time. What a miracle! Yeah for the power of prayer! So we had a good turnout for the baptism, and it was a spiritual experience, and Elder Leiva got to do his first baptism.
So we are back to work trying to marry people, I want to baptize a full family so bad!!!! So we have 6 more weeks here to get work done. Elder Bednar comes in 2 weeks so that will be legit. I hope all goes well back at home, I love y’all a lot! Take care and have a good week.
Love, Elder Smith
| Matthew and Elder Richins |
| Matthew and Elder Leiva |
No comments:
Post a Comment