Thursday, August 25, 2011

I did survive the hurricane

Hey what’s up guys? And yes I did survive the hurricane. I have never seen it rain for 2 days straight like I saw Monday and Tuesday. I love how I didn’t even know that a hurricane was hitting until it actually started hitting us. Monday Elder Feliz and I were out teaching and contacting and getting drenched when we got the call that had to go to the house and that a hurricane was hitting us. So we had to stay inside the house Monday night and all of Tuesday so that sucked. Yesterday we had 2 references to go contact with members and had appointments but we couldn’t leave. Oh well at least we have a house of 4 and we could play dominoes as the storm passed. Yeah we didn’t have power most of the storm but we have it now. So it ruined our plans to go to the beach today, so I was bummed out.

But my new comp Elder Feliz is a stud and sometimes acts a little childish but is a good missionary. We pretty much have to start from scratch this transfer, we left a lot of the people that we were teaching that stopped progressing. So we are contacting a lot which is hard seeing how we have the smallest area in the mission. It gets old contacting the same houses. But we are finding some people here and there. We are still working hard with the Polanco Family to complete it, we had a sweet Family Home Evening planned with them Monday night but thanks to Irene we didn’t get to do it. All of the baptisms are doing awesome, Engher and Carlos have the priesthood and help in the sacrament.

Yeah I won’t be able to imagine a 25 hour car ride when I get home, to get from one side of the island to the other here it is only like 3 1/2 hours. Enjoy some good pizza and Chipotle for me. I hope all is going well with football for Jacob and work for dad. Take care guys, love y’all!

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment