Thursday, August 11, 2011

We had a dry weekend

Hey family how was y’alls vacation in Florida? I liked the photo on your blog, nice! Thanks a lot I love y’all a lot too! Ah dang it, I was hoping that Javier would come to this mission, but I'm glad that he is going to Chile. I think my roommate from college is serving in that mission. The summer went by way fast, I think it is has been one of the fastest summers that I can remember. It looks like there will be a lot of new members of the family when I get home. Keep working on that flying dad, it will come soon. It’s just like driving a car right?

But we had a dry weekend this past weekend, but we are going to have 3 baptisms this weekend. We have a family that we are teaching that we were going to get married this week, but in the process we found out that Otoniel is already married to another woman and he has to get divorced first which makes the process quite a bit more lengthy. So that was an unwanted surprise that wasn’t expected. So we are working with them to get everything figured out so they can get married and baptized. We were going to baptize the whole family this Saturday, but the parents still want their kids to be baptized so we are baptizing Angel, Ruth, and Israel this week if everything goes as planned. Otoniel finally got motivated this past week to put things in action, so we hope his desire keeps going. Also we were going to baptize Marcos this week but last week when we went to his house he had some friends over with beer so that baptismal date failed. We are still fighting to find some new people, but it is kind of hard right now.

I hope that y’all get home safe and sound. I can’t believe that Brittney is already heading off to BYU already, dang time passes fast. Enjoy the last part of summer and take care!

Love, Elder Smith


The picture from the family blog.
This was our response to the message he sent us in the sand.
I think the sand where we were at was a lot whiter, but the beach there in Puerto Plata looked much nicer than our sand.


No comments:

Post a Comment