Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our 3 baptisms went down this past week

Hey what’s up guys? I’m glad to know that y’all enjoyed y’alls trip to Florida. Here it is hot and humid like none other right now and I could use a trip to the beach to cool off. Here I am just constantly sweating, my scriptures have sweat stains from when I am studying to when I am out teaching and it sucks because the pages stick together. I’m glad to hear that Kirk is back in the game, and yeah the Astros are just sucking this year. Dude Jacob you got to pick up the slack man, where are the sports updates man. Football is about to start and I know nothing, and I heard John Beck is starting for the skins, dude hook me up!

But on to more important things, our 3 baptisms went down this past week as y’all can see from the pictures. It was a really good service and the room was packed with members and we had a good turnout. I did one of the baptisms and one of the confirmations so it felt good to get into some cool water in this heat. I love it how in my first 11 months I didn’t have a single baptism and in these last 2 months I have had 6! But the baptism was a good experience for the parents and for the family in whole. I’m hoping to get them married this transfer.

But on the other side Elder Montepeque got transferred and I got a new comp that is named Elder Feliz (he is always happy). He is from Santo Domingo and is energetic which is good. Supposedly he is a baller at basketball so we will find out soon. We have a lot of work to do this transfer. We have to stop teaching some people and find new people to teach. We are both new in the area so we got to start knocking iron railings. Yesterday we had a sweet ward activity and we did an open house for friends of members and investigators which turned out really well! We showed them around the different parts of the church and different groups and quorums and had food. I ate Mexican food for the first time in about 5 months last night with soft tacos with guacamole and it was amazing! We met some new people last night so that was good.

I hope y’all have a good week and enjoy the last week of freedom, and also luck to Jacob on his talk. Take care guys, Love y’all!

Love, Elder Smith


The Contreras Polanco Family



This is the little Contreras Polanco that Matthew baptized..I need a name for him


No comments:

Post a Comment